Business Administration majors must complete 120 hours of course work, of which 41 hours are general education courses, 6 credits are supporting liberal arts, and 73 credits are foundation knowledge and major subject requirements. A minimum grade of “C” must be earned in ENGL 101, ENGL 102, MATH 109, and all foundation knowledge and major requirement courses.
Students in the Honors program must select courses in the area of Honors Business Administration.
The objectives of the Business Administration Program are to:
- To understand theories and concepts of organizational behavior and their management.
- To provide opportunities for developing team-work skills.
- To learn about and become sensitive to the rights and responsibilities of employers, employees and other stakeholders.
- To develop successful management strategies through scientific methods, simulation and information technology.
- To help generate critical thinking and problem solving skills to face global economic challenges.
- Provide students with the skills to enter graduate school and conduct research.
A degree in Business Administration will allow students to pursue career opportunities in a variety of areas within the field of business including marketing, general management and human resource management. The program also prepares students to be admitted into advanced degree programs.