Marketing majors must complete 120 hours of course work, of which 41 hours are general education courses, 6 credits are supporting liberal arts, and 73 credits are foundation knowledge and major subject requirements. A minimum grade of “C” must be earned in ENGL 101 , ENGL 102 , MATH 109 , and all foundation knowledge and major requirement courses.
The objectives of the Business Administration – Marketing Concentration Program are to:
- Provide students with an understanding of the concepts and interactions between competitive forces and marketing strategies.
- Provide students with an understanding of the concepts, processes and metrics for optimizing the position of a product and the segments it serves.
- Provide students with the ability to plan the allocation of resources between all elements of the marketing mix including brand equity creation.
- Provide students with the ability to analyze the implications of institutional policies on firm profitability.
- Provide students with an understanding of the theories of consumer perception, learning, motivation and attitude formation.
A degree in Marketing will allow students to pursue career opportunities in all types of marketing positions in marketing research, advertising, retailing, ecommerce and international marketing. The program also prepares students to be admitted into advanced degree programs.